Tuesday 17 May 2011

The beckoning thrill of the city

The husband returned from his Australian adventure last night.  The past five days have been quite relaxing.  There has been far less to do round the house so it has been tidy, I stayed on top of the washing and the kitchen has been spotless (I cooked about 80% less than normal).  As they say though joy is not in things, it is in us.  And how true.  Lad, twin1, twin2 and I are all ecstatic to have him back even though he has left for work in a flurry of dirty washing and the discarded wrappings of duty free presents.

This coming weekend I'm off to Auckland with some of my girlfriends in the picture to celebrate a birthday.  I'm flying up with the birthday gal on Friday.  The thrill of the city beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to make them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails