Friday 10 June 2011

International Oyster Card

I am going to start playing the lottery.  There are only 4 million people in New Zealand so my chances of winning are much greater than when I used to play at home.  My aim is to win enough money to secure unlimited travel between the UK and NZ for my family.  I would like a kind of Oyster Card situation so I just wander into Auckland airport, bleep my card through the gates and hop on the plane as and when I please.  Business class would be rather nice but I don't really mind.  I miss trains, shopping in Boots, pubs, the trees, front doors of terraced houses and plugs with 3 prongs.

My parents fly out here at the end of August but I have started nagging my mum to see if she can slip in a quick visit before then too.  I am playing on the parental guilt thing as I know how powerful it is when my children use it on me.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's always my attitude when I go back to New Zealand. Kevin my husband who's an economist says I'm throwing away money but my 13 year old son says the scratchers give you huge chances of a win. Of course I'm heeding my son, he's right about everything else...I say shoot for First Class - always turn left dahling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how living surrounded by complete beauty can make you miss the city so {I'm in a similar situation}. And I say use the guilt, looking at how adorable your children are, it will be worth every penny for your mother to come visit! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to make them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails