Sunday 8 August 2010

Powerful


There are pieces of music which do something to me. I was driving back from Auckland today and listened to 'Unintended' by Muse. As the opening bars unfurled the song's rich, sweet melody I could feel a welling up inside my body. A nostalgic yearning for both the past and the future bubbled in my chest and tears filled my eyes at the intensity. My heart opened as a gaping maw and spewed emotion. My voice box couldn't produce enough decibels to convert the energy into noise. It often takes a day or so for these feelings to slowly muddle back and allow my brain to resume its position as the boss.

Some of the songs which have this effect on me are:

(I did warn you of my questionable taste in music)

Roam, B-52s










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to make them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails