Friday 29 April 2011

Nice try, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

Watching Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall on TV last night extolling the virtues of a varied breakfast menu, I whipped up a pancake batter and put it in the fridge ready for the morning.  My inflated enthusiasm was in no small part due to the dinner I had just consumed which comprised two glasses of bubbles, a bowl of olives and a big bag of crisps.
Hugh made his pancakes for a class of obedient, pancake loving 7 year olds who all waited patiently and watched with interest as he talked them through the recipe and deftly flipped pancakes at the teacher's desk.  This sits in stark contrast with our breakfast scene this morning.  Pancakes need fairly constant monitoring.  I don't think I ever stand still for longer than half a second in the morning so in between separating a fighting lad and twin2, taking twin1 to the toilet and listening to them all whinge that they don't like pancakes (what a load of rubbish they troughed them down on Shrove Tuesday when they were doused in lemon and honey) I found it tricky to flip them 'just when the bubbles start to appear on the top'.
The children barely ate anything, there was quite a bit more washing up and as I type this, lad is saying 'I'm hungry.'
Back to weetabix tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to make them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails