Wednesday 7 September 2011

Every mother's dream

London was everything I had been dreaming about since I booked my plane ticket a few months ago.  The flight was a delicious haze of sleep interspersed with food and watching Bridesmaids, The Waitress and Something Borrowed.  As we ploughed through the blue sky over the familiar curve of the Thames I felt wide awake and refreshed.  Within two hours of the wheels touching down in Heathrow I was sitting, freshly showered with the friend whose wedding I have come for, outside Pizza East on the Portobello Road, eating pizza and salad and drinking wine in the shade while we chatted excitedly and watched the achingly hip stroll past.  The last three days have seen dinners and lunches in The Chamberlayne, The Electric Brasserie, The Duke of Clarence (my old local), The Paradise (which included some lung bursting karaoke) as well as lovely meals in friends’ houses surrounded by their little children.  The train I’m on is steaming towards Bristol where my little nephew awaits.  I can’t stop smiling.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fantastic! When we returned after nine years (a couple of months ago) I found everything so fresh and new and fabulous and friendly. I couldn't believe we'd left. But maybe that's all about the coming back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it all seems impossibly glam in London I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to (attempt to) cook so many things on the menu at Pizza East, it all sounds so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we shared the broad bean, fennel, parmesan and artichoke salad and shared a tomato, mozzarella and basil pizza. The best bit was the carafe of wine though

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to make them

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails